Valassis Communications, Inc. is a Livonia, Michigan-based company that provides media and marketing services in the United States, Europe, Mexico, and Canada, It is one of the largest coupon distributors/processors in the world.
Valassis companies include Valassis Digital, Valassis Direct Mail, Inc., Valassis Canada, Promotion Watch and NCH Marketing Services, Inc. It has approximately 7,000 employees in 28 states and nine countries.
Valassis has relationships with more than 15,000 advertisers worldwide in various industries, including automotive, consumer electronics, consumer packaged goods, financial services, franchise food, grocery, specialty retail, and telecommunications.
In February 2014, Harland Clarke Holdings, a subsidiary of M&F Worldwide, completed purchase of Valassis for approximately $1.8 billion. Before this, Valassis had been a publicly traded corporation.
- Experience in analytics, data science, data engineering, or related field
- Good experience in Python and SQL
- Experience with Hadoop, HDFS
- Experience with Postgres databases
- Experience with large first and third party data sources
- Experience troubleshooting data issues, doing ETL, and debugging python code
- Familiar with statistical concepts (e.g., t-tests, z-tests, anova, regression)
- Familiar with experimentation conceptions (e.g., A/B testing)
- Strong communicator and team player
Will be a plus:
- Experience with PySpark
- Experience with Pandas library
- Experience with Jupiter Notebook
- Experience with Jira
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Work in a company that has been on the market for over 50 years
- Close cooperation with the development team and client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Professional growth
- We cover English classes, certification, team buildings, participation in local conferences
Interested? You know what to do. Apply for this position