Before submitting your resume, please pay attention to the location – we will not be able to review your resume and provide feedback if you are not (in fact) located in the location of the vacancy.
Thanks for understanding
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record of quickly delivering high quality working code to production. At the project, you’ll experience the best of both worlds, a large profitable multinational company with small teams working in an agile methodology. Working with the Bastion team, you will be responsible for the security, data governance, and legal compliance, protecting millions of member accounts.
We are currently in the beginning stages of taking our existing monolithic application and decomposing it into microservices, and microsites, to allow for autonomous teams to get changes into production faster.The right candidate will know the reasons we are moving in this direction, have gone through this kind of transition before, and will be excited about contributing to a new foundation for our company. If you are the type of person who is willing to roll up their sleeves and tackle any problem to meet the sprint goal, then please read on and apply.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with stakeholders; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Work with the team to develop product architecture (design, documentation, & diagrams), and present it to the engineering organization
- Break work down into concise deliverables with a focus on iterative product delivery
- Produce clean, tested, maintainable code
- Develop libraries, processes, and services that form a compliance and security platform for our other development teams
- Lead by example by implementing industry best practices
- Mentor junior developers and contribute your experience & knowledge to the entire team
- Develop Java backend services running either in EKS or AWS Lambda
- Develop micro frontend websites using React
- Minimum 5 years of application development experience
- Demonstrated experience with SOA concepts, principles, and patterns required. You have opinions on these from lessons learned.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with cloud native application development (FaaS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Proficient in writing scalable REST APIs
- Excellent understanding of coding fundamentals (e.g. SOLID)
Why join us:
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Close cooperation with the development team and client
- Opportunity to influence product development
- Professional growth: the certification preparation course is free for our specialists. The company pays for two attempts to pass the exam, regardless of the exam result
- We cover English classes (with a native speaker)
- Boost professional brand: you can participate in local conferences as a listener or as a speaker
- Regular team buildings: have fun with teammates
- Gifts for significant life events (marriage, childbirth)
- Tech and non-tech Zazmic Communities: support and share experience with each other