Before submitting your resume, please pay attention to the location – we will not be able to review your resume and provide feedback if you are not (in fact) located in the location of the vacancy.
Thanks for understanding
About the project
Imagine the impact you could have on the millions of vacations booked at the “Product”.
This project – is the largest travel site in the world with hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis and hundreds of millions of user reviews.
Full stack engineering on our SEO (search engine optimization) team means integral participation in our web framework development, iterative testing, analytics, monitoring and data science on our comprehensive datasets.
Our SEO team has developed a data/test driven approach to understanding how we interact with search engines, users and the many complex interactions between them. SEO is no longer just page-rank, it’s evolved into a highly competitive landscape including both user experience metrics as well as site content and structure. You will be working with some of the best SEO practitioners in the space utilizing extensive PB sized datasets to understand what is working and how it works. Curiosity and a willingness to dig deeply into both our success and failures and those of our competitors is key to being successful.
Day to day work as a software engineer on the team will have you collaborating across the company on some of the highest profile projects on the product.As an SEO engineer, you will be challenged to solve new problems every day, touching code on many different product surfaces. Product doesn’t have centralized architects, with engineers of all levels having the opportunity to design solutions and solicit feedback from their peers.
You will also help our team of SEO analysts explore the large datasets using both inhouse tools and off-the-shelf analytics software. Our team has the distinction of both ensuring users continue to find product in organic search through planning their trip, and ensuring they have a great site experience once they’ve landed.
What you will do:
- Take on projects with independence and a mandate to leave things better than you found them.
- Participate in the planning and initial steps for key changes on the site
- Be pragmatic when solving problems with a deep understanding of the purpose and goal of your work.
- Touch code at all levels, front end to back end, data analysis whatever is required to complete your project
- Be integral for the code quality on your team through leadership in design and code review
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Help bring the team’s technical knowledge and solutions to the engineering organization via tech talks and design reviews.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience on executing self driven projects successfully
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Some exposure to the following technologies a plus: Java, React, GraphQL, SQL, Postgres, Linux, Python, Gradle, BERT, Snowflake, Kafka, AWS
Nice to have:
- Experience working with and processing large quantities of data
- Passionate about solving business problems, perhaps you come from an entrepreneurial background
Why join us:
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Close cooperation with the development team and client
- Opportunity to influence product development
- Professional growth: the certification preparation course is free for our specialists. The company pays for two attempts to pass the exam, regardless of the exam result
- We cover English classes (with a native speaker)
- Boost professional brand: you can participate in local conferences as a listener or as a speaker
- Regular team buildings: have fun with teammates
- Gifts for significant life events (marriage, childbirth)
- Tech and non-tech Zazmic Communities: support and share experience with each other